Objective of high-performance coaching- to assist clients to create new and more powerful "thinking" and "doing" spaces for themselves
Measures of coaching skills for a co-creating powerful thinking space:
- The coach's invitation to exploration precedes and is significantly greater than the invitation to solution.
- The coach is willing not to know where the coaching will go.
- The coach and client create a light and safe atmosphere for exploration, experimentation, and challenge by both coach and client.
- The coach and client create a space for contemplation and deeper thought.
- The coach and client create a space for free sharing of each other's instincts, feelings, and truths and feel privileged and gifted in that sharing.
- The coach and client become learners from each other and freely share that learning with each other.
- the coach and client connect past lessons to new learning and create continuity between the client's past, present, and future.
- The coach and client see the totality of the client, the client's growth in the coaching process and the client's growth in greatness, and continually relate that toality to creation of the client's future.
Measures of coaching skills for co-creating powerful "doing" spaces:
- The coach and client create a space of focus and creativity that allows the client to identify, articulate, and be accountable for high-leverage actions.
- The coach and client create a space of informed risk-taking that allows the client to stretch the boundaries of what he has done before.
- The coach and clent continuously hold and revisit goals so that the client's actions have direct impact toward specific goals.
- The coach assists the client to evaluate actions within a systems viewpoint, examining intended and potential unintended consequences.
- The coach assists the client to develop both situational and non-situational decision-making criteria that will serve the client in determining what action to take and when.
- The coach will assist the client in determining when action learning is called for.
- The coach will assist the client to create plans to achieve both immediate wins and long-term accomplishments that align with the client's desired external and internal results.
- The coach and client will assist each other in recognizing the time for change in goals, plans or actions.
- The coach will assist the client in designing actions that leverage the client's strengths, way of being, and learning style.
- The coach and client will continually visit and integrate the learning gained from the client's actions and using it to design further action.
( Law and Ethics in Coaching, by Patrick Williams and Sharon K. Anderson, pp 76-78)
If you are curious about Life Coaching and want to learn more about how you can benefit, please call 208-966-4338 and schedule your free inquiry call today!